Monday, February 9, 2009

Armageddon: hurry it up already!

Funny thing about a blog, unless it's overtly political--and it's the only thing you read--you might not have noticed the world teetering on the the edge of the abyss. The headlines just get worse and worse. Republicans are replete with horrible ideas and obstructionism. Democrats are still pussies bending over backwards to please Republicans at the cost of genuine progress. And the world--or at least the American left--is learning that Obama's "bipartisanship" may not be all it's cracked up to be.

I don't think of myself as a cynic, but I feel like I'm the only one not surprised by these events. Well, Naomi Klein and Paul Krugman saw this coming a mile away, but no one I really know. It's easy to play back seat driver, but given the circumstances Obama's Modus Operandi should have been straightforward: go to the people who were right, fill your cabinet with people who got it right, endorse the allies who got it right, extend your hand to the outsiders who got it right.
Right, btw, means predict the housing crisis, the economic crisis writ large, were a driving force behind the higly successful 50 state strategy, or pegged the Iraq debacle for the clusterfuck it was destined to become." In the current Administration I don't see anyone who did that, in the house and senate leadership, I don't see anyone who did that. All I see is wrong Wrong WRONG.

I haven't seen strong leadership, I haven't seen a media shift from the imbecile talking heads to the public intellectuals (again, Klein and Krugman) who voiced their dissent. Is this it? Is this the best we can do? If that's the case, I'm tired of the teetering, please someone just punt America into the darkness. Let's just go through the fire and brimstone headfirst. Let the chips fall where they may. I'm keen to see what happens to Comcast, ATT, and the like, when folks can't afford cable, digital cable, their phone service, etc. Who will the publc vote for when they realize they have been betrayed by the entire system? Hope is peachy but results still win out in the end. We will witness a war of memes, the most rugged ideas, the ones best suited for the environment will become the victor because, as I said no one will be able to afford cable sooooooooooo no one will be polluted with bs strawmen, lies, and misdirection. Shit, I should just put what meager savings I have in a box in my room and I'll be good to go.

Stop the world I wanna get off!!!

No comments: