Tuesday, November 6, 2007

BJJ and Ears

Back at BJJ after a lay off. Was very nervous about my ears, had serious doubts about the ear guards. Couldn’t bring myself to wear them. I didn’t endure a lot of triangles or lapel chokes but when pressure was applied it did appear to bother my ears. They are still sensitive to touch though. Even though my ears were aspirated last week I still feel…bumps…tender spots that feel like they could still hold fluid, the doctor insists they are empty. Will they go away or will they remain? Perhaps I should set up a little savings account specifically for plastic surgery. There are two pimples on my right cheek that are starting to freak me out. For a while they looked like they would merge, then they appeared to improve, drying shriveling up, dry skin pealing away, then they looked they were doing the giant pimple thing WHILE doing the raisin dance. And now? They look like eggs burrowed into flesh As if maggots could pop out at any moment or maybe even a couple of slugs that borrow into peoples heads, making them rabid sex zombies. They will probably scar. I hate acne scars, especially when I go out of my way not to pick at pimples. Hell, I’m considering switching to a weaker antihistamine just so I can start using some kind of acne med again.

It was one of those classes were I felt like I made improvements but was quickly reminded of how far I have to. We worked some judo pins and escapes, then rolled. I didn’t roll more than 24 minutes due to reasons listed above, but wow that first roll was a killer, my conditioning was lacking. A six minute match is a long time to roll if you’re a beginner. Thankfully, the next few rolls weren’t quite as fast paced. Over all, it was a good roll.

No comments: