Monday, July 7, 2008

A musing

I've been toying with an idea.

See, since I got this here fancy shmancy web cam I've been brainstorming ways to use it for the blog. One of my ideas, is to record yours truly (audio only) reading a few poems I've written since the torture/rape. There is really one thing stopping me--correction, two things. One, privacy.
Two, ::doing my best Gollum impression:: we hates the sound of our voice. It burns my precious; it burns! Smeagel loses all objectivity, everything sounds so nasal, precious!

I think it would be cool for the two people reading this blog to hear my voice, and a different, yet strangely obvious way, for me to play around with the performance aspects of writing. (Sidenote: my girlfriend has a fantastic reading voice: strong dramatic range, good sense of cadence and rhythm.)

Would doing so count as publishing a work? Hmm. I hate lit mags and their namby pamby rules. They burn! Gollum! Gollum!

3 comments:

Jae Jagger said...

What are the odds someone will recognize you by your voice, find this blog?

Odds are small...very small...

But you have things to protect, and I understand that, to a certain extent.

TigrMchine said...

What I mean, Fifty, is the privacy to record the poem without someone knocking on my door or getting sucked into a family smackdown, imagine having that recorded as I try and read a poem....Then again, I reckon you could cal it audio verite.

Jae Jagger said...

Record in the middle of the night? Am I understanding right?