Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Brainfart contiunes

I had a topic, but thought it'd be better to start a new post and pffffffff gone. I don't remember what I was gonna say.

Ahhh, now I remember. Despite the ever frustrating white belt stuff I complain about, yesterday my judo instructor noticed a marked improvement in--ah shit I forgot the Japanese term--well, anyway he said my basic throw form has improved. I like judo, it seems to go well with a lot of styles. I need to start campaigning for a full time judo class--it only meets officially for an hour on Monday, then a BJJ blue belt reviews what we did on wed (or not we might do BJJ groundwork). I like the pedagogical tendency for high rep activity in judo. It helps me tremendously, and fosters my PATHETIC grip strength. I think, especially if we can get a full2.5 hr judo class, that gi throws will become a major strength for me (will not transfer to no-gi throws?), and the additional roll time couldn't hurt either. I'd like to do a judo competition, I think I could wreak some havoc.

No comments: