Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Soreness

I am quite sore today. Mostly in my legs, but in the upper core region too. I did a crossfit style circuit yesterday morning at the dojo--yes, I spend even more time there now, but I've cut back on my gym workouts. I've been trying to reorganize and reprioritize how I do condtioning. The periodic weight training stuff + cardio just wasn't doing it. I'd feel tired and wornout during classes. I've traded that in for soreness, but I'm trying to develop fitness over a wider spectrum, so I've managed to work yoga style gymnastics back into my routine, primarily as active rest. What I need to do now is worm in one running session a week and rotational work for my shoulders and I should be fine--I think.

But this was a digression. I intended to say something totally different after mentioning my soreness, and I forgot what it was. Was I going to bitch about doing air squats in JKD? Try to convince myself to only take one hour of JKD tonight? Eesh, I can't friggin remember.

No comments: