Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just thinkin'

Girlfriend has a second interview coming up with a publishing company. She'd make 30,00 and get her foot in the door to an editing job. I'm happy for her; I hope she gets it, and I dread her getting it. If I don't get into grad school, what do I do? What reasons is there for me to stay here?(martial ones aside). At some point I have to rejoin her, but damn I really don't wanna move back to Florida. I can't live in that town anymore.

Regardless of that, I've got my own economic issues to worry about. I love the flexibility of collegiate teaching, but damn summer is lookin' bleak. I have one section, just one. Not good, not good at all. I need a job that isn't minimum wage grunt work. Don't see that happening. GOod god those jobs are just soul crushing. How can anyone do that stuff for more than a few weeks without wanting to blow their brains out?

Listening to Outkast right now.

2 comments:

Kim Howard said...

5 Pounds Of Fat Childhood obesity has become a troubling nationwide crisis and has risen significantly. Between 1980 and 1994, the incidence of obesity in childhood rates has just about doubled with as many as 15% of children and adolescents deemed chronically overweight. Moreover, childhood obesity rates have more than tripled if you take into account the past three decades worth of stats. Obesity in childhood has grown to be an escalating headache for our society; through three decades it has gone from a somewhat uncommon affliction to one of the more frequent health concerns to have an affect on our nation's kids. Evidently childhood obesity in the usa is out of control. Most people find it a challenge to increase the amount of calories that they burn up sufficiently enough in order to make simply exercising the only method of losing their weight. The majority of people resort to both adjusting their diet and increasing their exercise levels. 7. The older a woman is when she gives birth, the more likely her child is to become obese. Today more women are waiting until middle age to give birth.

Jose said...

Solid team player with upbeat, positive attitude, reliable, and responsible. I just purchased a Teac VRDS 25X CD-player, tuned by German company SAC, and I have to see: this beats every other player I've owned, despite (or thanks to) its 'older' technology. Coby 4GB 2" Touchpad Video MP3 Player. HP Pavilion HPE h8-1300z - One of the Best New Desktop Models Out on the Market This red retro looking CD player has the looks of the 60s and the technology of today, feating a USB 2.0 port that lets you connect and play your tunes from an MP3 player or flash memory drive.