Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fuck Abstinence Ed.

Abstinence Ed is a bad idea. It doesn't work. It's been proven again and again not to work, but still it persists. As the country begins a long swing to the left, I hope the damned thing will be taken to the shed. Until then, I've tried not to let it get to me, but this article really pisses me off.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5054210&page=1

RAINN is one of those websites I was talking about earlier. They help victims of rape and abuse, but might as well say women only. Again, that's the vibe most survivor outfits send. Nevertheless, they deserve a million dollar grant a hell of a lot more than a ridiculous D.C. outfit dedicated to abstinence ed. To paraphrase one of the commenters, they prolly have a zero percent dropout rate because they kick 'em out!

It disgusts me that an organization dedicated to helping survivors would be summarily dismissed in favor of what? Trying to score a few points with the radical religious right? a blowjob? Any administration will have a little nepotism, and I know how politics is played, but god damn!

No comments: